Having a lawn in a drought is hard work. You can’t water the grass as much as it needs, which leads to brown dull grass. You could think that your only option would be to install artificial grass, but is this the best choice?
Artificial Grass vs. Real Grass
While artificial turf does have some advantages, including less maintenance. There are also considerable drawbacks as well. Real grass and synthetic turf both have positive and negative attributes you need to consider before making a decision.
Pros to Artificial Grass
- Less water needed. If you have an artificial grass turf, there isn’t a need for watering and fertilizing the grass. Approximately 1/3 of all residential water is used on lawns. This poses an environmental disaster for dry climates.
- Less air pollution. In our efforts to maintain our lawns – mowing, blowing and trimming, we create air pollution that far outstrips the oxygen-producing benefits of grass. If you use fertilizers on grass, the chemicals pollute the groundwater.
Cons to Artificial Grass
- Heats up quick. In the Summertime heat, you have to be careful with artificial grass. On a day that it is 98-degrees outside, the temperature on the artificial turf could rise to more than 120 degrees.
- Chemicals inside turf. Artificial turf is just that, it is artificial. It is made up of multiple chemicals, some that may be potentially harmful to you and your family.
Pros to Real Grass
- Grounding Effect. A lawn is a beautiful thing. It holds an emotional value for those who are experiencing it. Statistics say that walking barefoot in grass can help to decrease anxiety and depression by 62%! This increases the levels of those feel good endorphins!
- Grass decomposes; Artificial turf does not. At the end of its life cycle, grass decomposes and returns to its natural cycles. Fake grass mostly ends up at the landfill. It rests there, eternally, which is not ideal.
Cons to Real Grass
Grass needs water to remain green. When considering real grass lawns, there is a maintenance that is required for all lawns. There is a certain amount of water that a lawn will need in order to stay alive.
Your Grass Your Choice
Now that you have some of the advantages and disadvantages between artificial and real grass, the choice is yours. With a REAL lawn from Grass B Green, you don’t have to sacrifice aesthetics due to drought.
You can have lush green looking grass in minutes with one simple application of Grass B Green. Just spray our permanent, safe non-toxic concentrate on your lawn. See your lawn be transformed from dull to fabulous in one application and the application will last until you mow!
The grass is always greener with Grass B Green!